Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's been a while...

Sorry for the blog drought. I haven't been crafting very much until just recently when I finally found the time to get a couple of things done. Sometimes you just gotta take a step back and come back refreshed.

The first project I have today is for our Mother's Day challenge at myscrapchick.com. We were to come up with something using the Glamour Girl patterns and here was my contribution.



I wanted to do something other than a card so I came up with the idea of making a little cosmetic holder. I found the little wooden box at Michael's for $1, covered it with patterned paper, adhered the paper piecings I'd made using Glamour Girl patterns and wrapped some satin ribbon around the handle finishing it off with a pretty bow. Easy peasy!
The next project I have for you has nothing to do with paper at all. It does, however, have everything to do with my newest obsession: vintage linens. I LOVE them!! Finding vintage sheets and pillowcases at thrift stores and yard sales has now become my latest quest. So here is my first attempt at a reusable grocery bag using a couple of vintage pillowcases.



This is the side gusset view:


Sorry for the less than stellar photos. The lighting is just bad. But I think the bag turned out cute! I don't think this will be the last bag I make either.
Now I have a really cute tip for you! Some of you may have heard of this before, but I hadn't until a friend told me just recently. She uses old sewing patterns as tissue paper in her gift bags and gift boxes. I just thought that was cutest idea, and they are super cheap at the thrift store...like 25 cents worth of cute goodness!
So there you have my latest crafting exploits. What have you been up to lately?

5 comments:

  1. Love the scrappy goodness and the fabric bag--you are multi-talented! I love the way the paper-piecing looks against that paper--so cool!!!

    The only thing I have been up to craft-wise this week has been making graduation cards! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both just adorable!!! I really like the little cosmpetic bag. I actually bought one of these wooden purses and haven't done anything with it yet. Now I am compltely inspired! Such a great gift idea nd the resuable grocery bag looks fantastic! You did an excellent job sewing and I relaly like the pattern on the material. And thanks so much for the tip about the patterns! How cuts is tha idea!!!!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv how you covered the handle with ribbon, simply gorgeous!
    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just wanted you to know that I gave you the “Lovely Blog Award”
    You can read about it here:
    www.syrenasplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Cindy, I have jest left you an award at my blog too!!

    ReplyDelete