Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cafe Mojo Challenges

I recently became a design team member for Cafe Mojo Challenges on Paper Craft Planet, so I have two projects to show you that I made for the most recent challenges. The first was the papercraft your man challenge and I chose to make a layout using a photo of my 19 month old grandson.


I hand drew and cut the little trees, the swirls and the tear drop shapes. I added some doodling to the swirls and tear drops, and also around a couple of the circles. The quote is from the children's book Guess How Much I Love You. I did some distressing around the edges using my distressing tool and some Tim Holtz distressing ink.

The second is a card I made for a color challenge using pink and green. I apologize for the quality of the picture. It was taken at night so the light is horrible! I hope to soon make myself a light box so hopefully my pictures will turn out better.


I chose to go shabby chic on this one. I used gold embossing powder and my heat gun to add some pretty sheen to it. The flowers are little pink sheer ribbon flowers that I found ready made. I distressed the edges lightly with the Tim Holtz distressing ink. The sentiment in the center, which doesn't show very clearly, says "Cherish". I love the look of this one.
Hope everyone is having a great day! It's a bit cloudy here, but the temperatures have been lovely! Today should be around 70 degrees. I'm sure winter will remind us it's still not spring, but for the time being I'll just enjoy these warm days!
Y'all have a good one and thanks for stopping by!
Hugs ~ Cindy




No comments:

Post a Comment